Tuesday 8 March 2011

Happy Birthday Joely!!

Well, it's been a while since my last post because we went away for half term and Romilly has been poorly since we got back. She had her MMR vaccinations so she had a mild reaction to that, followed by a cold, followed by an ear infection, followed by a bad reaction to the antibiotics she was prescribed. It's such hard work looking after a poorly and demanding toddler - she has wanted to sit on my knee or be carried ALL week, day and night and she cried non-stop for three whole days. Give me thirty hormonal adolescents any day!

Marcus' eating is progressing really well. He is very enthusiastic about joining us at mealtimes. On Saturday, Marcus and I went shopping Joely's
presents and we stopped for re-fuelling at Starbucks. Marcus chose his favourite, carrot cake and whipped cream. He began by helping himself to my tea-loaf and licked all the butter off (cheers son!) then he licked all the icing off his cake, licked the cream off the plate and ate some small pieces of cake. I am so thrilled with the progress he's making. I'm tempted to begin diluting his high calorie milk again to see if he will eat more solid food. I've tried this before with little success but I think his eating skills are really improving now so it's probably worth another try.

Marcus has helped me choose Joely's birthday cake so I'm hoping he'll have a big lick of that tomorrow. We're also planning to go to Macdonald's for tea - Joely's choice. Marcus loves going to Macdonald's and he has recently started to dip the fries into ketchup before chewing them! He also like to chew nuggets but he usually spits those out.

On Saturday, I'm taking Joely and a couple of her friends to the theatre to see The Horrible Histories and on Sunday, I'm looking forward to a going on a picnic with the NCT crowd to celebrate our "babies'" eighth birthdays!!

My lovely godson, Saul and Romilly

No comments:

Post a Comment