Monday 17 January 2011

One bite leads to another ...

Hello all,

Marcus recovered well from his operation on Friday, thank you for all the good wishes and messages. It rained in Richmond for most of the weekend and with Gary working, we had a pretty quiet one.

On Sunday, I took the kids to Wackadayz (indoor soft play area) to burn off some energy. We met some friends there and everyone had a lovely time. We ordered some lunch and Marcus made it very clear that he did not want to be excluded from the meal, "Box" he asked me very clearly. "Box????" I hear you ask. This means Happy Meal or one of those cardboard sandwich boxes which come filled with goodies. Marcus generally loves the colourful box more than the food but at least I can get away with buying a box and feeding Romilly with its contents!!

So, I bought Marcus a children's lunch box and guess what? He opened his sandwiches with great enthusiasm and chewed small pieces of bread before spitting them out. He then moved on to the apple and took a small bite of that too.


Video link - (you'll need to copy and paste this into the status as I can't work out how to do it properly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZbFh_sIT


I have also been persevering with the powder but I'm struggling to get Marcus to put the food on his tongue - I have to be very firm with him. He prefers to purse his lips and wipe the powder onto his lips. On Sunday morning he gagged and vomited after I put some banana Nesquik powder on his tongue. This is such a frustrating journey. How can it be so hard to eat??????




3 comments:

  1. Very happy Grandad overjoyed at Marcus's progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Sam. Glad Marcus is doing well.
    Lovely photos of the kids - Neat Banana Nesquik........bet you would have gagged too!! LOL

    Bev & Ian (Turkey)

    ReplyDelete