Saturday 6 January 2007

MARCUS' STORY: 20th October 2004

MARCUS' STORY: 20 October 2004
Hi, my name is Marcus James and I was born on 20th October 2004. Mummy had a normal pregnancy and I was born 3 weeks early weighing 7lb 15oz - so quite big for an early baby! My big sister was only 6lb 10oz and she was born on time. We know NOW that kids like me, with cfc, are often born early and a little on the big side! At the time, the midwife said mummy had probably got her dates mixed up. After 3 days in labour, I was born under water, in the birthing pool at the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton. The midwife invited a junior doctor in to watch because, she said, they never get to see a straight-forward delivery. Well, ironically, my delivery was just about the only thing that was straight-forward in my first year of life! When I came out, I looked a bit funny. my eyes were quite bruised and my skin seemed a bit big for me. Otherwise though, I seemed fit and well and was allowed home the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment