Saturday 6 January 2007

Marcus' Story: November 2004 - January 2005

MARCUS' STORY: November 2004 - January 2005
After several visits to Dr James and no improvement, we were finally admitted to the Friarage Children's Unit for investigation and observation. Dr James was brilliant and tried so many different medicines for reflux, changed my milk and tested for everything he could think of but I still didn't get better. Mummy and Daddy were really worried and sad and I tried to get better but I couldn't. I couldn't even smile - what did I have to smile about? I just felt so sick. To make matters worse, Dr James put a tube up my nose called an NG tube and I was fed that way. It was easier for Mummy and Daddy to make me eat but I still puked all day and night. I spent 7 weeks altogether in the Friarage Hospital with Mummy. We didn't see much of Daddy and Joely at that time which was really hard for us all and we spent my first Christmas on the Ward. However, I was allowed out to Nanna and Granddad's for a little while on Christmas day. In the end, Dr James admitted defeat. On 13th January 2005, we said goodbye to the lovely doctors and nurses at the Friarage and set off for the RVI in Newcastle.

No comments:

Post a Comment