Tuesday 30 January 2007

Review


I had my 6 month review today at the Child Development Centre. Mum took me and brought Sarah from nursery. Pam the health visitor, Liz from portage and music group, Claire the speech and language therapist and a doctor were also there. They all said how how much I'd come on over the last few months. My communication skills have blossomed apparently but I knew that anyway! I just get so frustrated, especially when I'm stuck in a room with so many adults - it was so boring. After about half an hour I signed 'car' to mummy and pointed to the door but she said, 'No!' and I screamed and screamed. Everyone laughed because apparently I showed them all that I could make myself undestood AND showed I understood the word NO. Everyone decided these are the 'terrible twos' that make me grumpy sometimes!

I had a session with Claire beforehand and she said I was making lots more different sounds and trying to say quite a few words. Liz said she thought I was learning as fast as possible at the moment and she could see improvements every time she saw me. All in all, it was a long morning for me but I heard mummy say to Sarah in the car, on the way home, that that was the best review I'd had because it was all so positive.

However, over the next few months I need to grow and get mobile. These are big challenges for me and we'll have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment